Kaajal Oza Vaidya’s works and oratory shows her command over language. Her readers are in large number from every age group and from various eco-socio back ground. Her works boldly reveals the untold/unheard stories of human emotions who are caught in various cross-fires with family, tradition, race, class, gender, culture and the politics of living in the challenging post colonial societies today. In a short span of 7 years she has 56 books on shelves which includes gamut of Novels, short stories, translations, essays, plays & collections of poetry along with 4 audio books in her own voice.
She is the most prolific and prominent woman writer in Gujarat. Kaajal Oza Vaidya continues to serve as a role-model for women and youth through her inspirational writing and talks, shaping and transforming social consciousness of issues impacting women and youth in contemporary implications. she is recognized for her truth and honesty. Fearless expression is her forte. Her characters are real- contemporary and the emotions identify with the readers easily. Her film ‘Saptapadii’ starring Swaroop Sampat and Manav Gohil was released all over the world. Her play ‘Silver Jubilee’ (Acted and Written by her) traveled and appreciated in India, USA and UK
Currently she WORKS for,
- Divya Bhaskar – ‘EK BIJA NE GAMTA RAHIYE’
An extremely popular column based on interpersonal relationships. The title means ‘Keep liking each other’.
- Phulchhab & Kachchha Mitra VAMA
Widely red column in newspapers from Saurashtra and Kachchha. Generally addressing women and youth issues.
- Gujarat Mitra PRIYA NAMAN
A letter series. Wife AASTHA and husband NAMAN, write to each other. This column talks about pre-marriage and marital issues, day to day life of married couple and advocates the institution but in contemporary references.
- Mumbai Samachar KATHA COLLAGE
This is a unique concept of Diary pages of women – known and unknown. Well researched and profound life stories, just to name a few is… Karna’s wife Vrushali, Ruti Patit, Meenakumari, Amruta Pritam and Gayatridevi.
- A serialized novel in Chitralekha DHUMMAS NE PELE PAAR
Deals with a unique subject of illegal immigrant to USA and a love story with a backdrop of a thriller.
- Her Radio show was extremely popular on 94.3-My FM, named in her own brand, ‘Kaajal@9′.
- Visiting faculty and Examiner in Post Graduation Studies of Mass Communication Department, Gujarat University, Saurashtra University and South Gujarat University
- Managing Trustee for last seven years – ‘Satyajeet Trust’ – works for children, women and literature.